A good night’s sleep is essential for our physical and mental health and wellbeing. But getting enough sleep, or getting quality sleep, is not always easy.
There are many reasons why we might find it difficult to sleep, with some of the most common being:
- Stress and worry
- Mental health problems
- Physical pain and illnesses
- Sleep apnoea
- Certain foods and drinks
- Other environmental factors
If you’re having problems with sleep then your doctor should be your first port of call. But holistic and complementary methods, such as essential oils and crystal healing, can aid you in getting a better night’s sleep.
In this guide, we’ve compiled a list of crystals to help you sleep like a baby again – tackling problems like insomnia and nightmares, and also offering advice on how to protect yourself while you sleep.
Crystals for Insomnia and Other Sleep Problems
When lying awake, and watching the hours tick by, it feels like you’re the only person in the world who can’t sleep. And the more you think about not being able to sleep, the harder it gets to nod off. There are so many methods you can try to make things easier, including:
- Making sure the temperature in your bedroom is comfortable
- Reduce blue light exposure in the evening
- Try to set a consistent sleep and wake up schedule
- Avoid napping during the day
- Don’t consume caffeine too late in the evening
- Don’t eat a heavy meal too late in the evening
- Avoid alcohol
- Do things that help you relax before bed
If you’ve already tried the above and you still need a little help, then crystals can be an additional support.
What Crystals Are Good For Sleeping?
There are a number of crystals that can help you slip into a deep and restful sleep. You can keep them close to your bed, meditate with them before closing your eyes, or pop them under your pillow.
The best crystals to sleep with under your pillow are:
- Amethyst: This gorgeous purple crystal is one of the best crystals for sleep. It helps to calm the mind, soothe anxiety and promote restful, peaceful sleep.
- Moonstone: Aptly named after the night-time celestial body, Moonstone is a gentle stone that helps to ease worries and calm the mind with the feminine energies of the moon.
- Lepidolite: Renowned as a peaceful stone, Lepidolite is a great soother. Hold it in your hand as you settle into bed to bring harmony and peaceful sleep.
- Howlite: Howlite is a wonderful stress reliever, which is essential for a restful sleep. Pop this lovely crystal under your pillow before bed to let the day’s worries drift away.
- Scolecite: This crystal exudes calming and soothing energy and is perfect for easing the mind and tackling insomnia. It can also be used to support lucid dreaming.
- Dream Quartz: If you’re keen to explore lucid dreaming or improve your dream recall abilities, then try dream quartz.
- Labradorite: This stunning stone is highly spiritual and can help guide you to seek truth and meaning in your dreams.
While there are some great crystals for getting a good night’s sleep, there are also crystals that can disrupt your sleep – so it’s important to do your research first.
Crystals that Help With Nightmares
It’s hard to get a peaceful night’s sleep when you wake up in a panic or a sweat after a nightmare. And bad dreams can be just as frightening for adults as they are for children.
There are a number of crystals that help with nightmares and can assist in a more peaceful night sleep, these are:
- Rose Quartz: It may be the universal stone of love, but Rose Quartz is also wonderful for promoting peace while you’re in your dream state. Keep it under the pillow if you suffer from nightmares for more gentle dreams.
- Amethyst: As one of the most important sleep crystals, amethyst can also help to protect you from bad dreams by calming the mind and focusing it on good thoughts.
- Angelite: Perfect for ridding you of nightmares, and even night terrors, pop Angelite under your pillow each night before bed.
- Celestite: As well as helping to fight off nightmares, Celestite is also wonderful for dream recall.
- Fluorite: Fluorite’s calming aura can help to dispel nightmares. Also revered as a dream maker, Fluorite can promote positive dreaming, keeping the mind away from negativity.
Pair these crystals to prevent nightmares with a dream catcher for the ultimate protection.
Crystals for Sleep Protection
If you are prone to sleep paralysis or to visits from spirit while you rest, then you may benefit from using crystals for sleep protection.
The best way to ensure you are protected while you enter the land of nod is to wear your crystals in the form of jewellery – that way you can guarantee they are always on your person. This can also be beneficial for those who astral travel while asleep.
Some of the best crystals for sleep protection are:
- Black Obsidian: If you’re prone to spiritual attack when sleeping, keep Black Obsidian under your pillow. This crystal is a powerful protector and will help keep you safe from negative energies and spirits.
- Smoky Quartz: Smoky Quartz is well know for its ability to remove unpleasant energies or a negative presence – keep it near your bed to provide solace while you rest.
- Hematite: For strong grounding while you sleep, keep hematite under the pillow or near your bed.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023