Jade and Emerald are stunning green crystals with powerful healing abilities.
These two crystals can appear quite similar and telling them apart isn’t always easy – especially in their raw, unpolished form.
If you want to get either of these crystals for yourself and benefit from their properties, you need to be able to distinguish between them.
So here’s a rundown of Emerald vs Jade and how they differ.
Jade Vs Emerald: Differences And Similarities
Both these crystals are popular for their green colour. However, most people don’t know that while emeralds come in only green, Jade comes in various other colours like grey, white, yellow, red, black, and violet.
Another point of difference when it comes to appearance is opacity.
Jades can range from being completely opaque to semi-translucent depending on the variant.
Emerald, on the other hand, is typically only transparent. However, there might be times when some Emerald crystals contain impurities, which may decrease their transparency.
The mineral makeup of Jade differs according to its variant. The Nephrite variant is composed of magnesium and calcium silicate. And the Jadeite variant is composed of sodium, silicate, and aluminium.
Emerald is a variety of the mineral Beryl and is composed of beryllium, aluminium and silicate.
The hardness of Jade depends on the variety. The Nephrite variant has a rating of 6-6.5 on Moh’s scale while the Jadeite variant has a rating of 6.5 to 7.
Emerald, on the other hand, has a higher level of hardness at a rating of 7.5 to 8. This makes it more durable, scratch-resistant and resilient. This is also why Emeralds are so popular for their use in jewellery.
Countries Of Origin
Jade is found all over the world. But it is mainly sourced from countries such as Burma, China, Tibet, Brazil, and New Zealand.
Emerald has fewer deposits compared to Jade and is found primarily in Zambia, Brazil and Colombia.
Jade is often associated with the Pisces and Aries zodiac signs. As such, people born under these signs can greatly benefit from this green crystal.
While Emerald is the main birthstone for Geminis but is also considered beneficial for people born under Capricorn, Aquarius, and Libra.
Since both these crystals resonate with the energies of Mother Earth, there is no difference in this regard.
Both these stones are perfect for harnessing your connection with the planet and for grounding purposes.
Jade may be associated with various chakras depending on its colour. For example, the green variety is associated with the heart chakra, while the yellow variety is linked to the solar plexus chakra.
However, since Emerald comes in only green, it is linked to the heart chakra alone.
Numerology can be another great way to distinguish between two stones or crystals. It can tell you about the unique vibrations a particular crystal resonates with.
This can help you figure out its various metaphysical properties and whether it would be a good fit for you.
Green Jade vibrates at the frequency of the number 11. This number represents manifestation, creativity, knowledge, virtue, spirituality, auspiciousness and intuition.
Emerald vibrates at the frequency of the number 4. This number represents discipline, well-being, stability, perseverance, and order.
Physical Healing Properties
Green Jade has the following physical healing properties:
- As a heart chakra stone, Green Jade can improve the functioning of the heart, blood vessels, and the overall cardiovascular system.
- This crystal is also quite effective at removing toxins and blockages from the body.
- Jade is quite popular for healing diseases and disorders related to the kidney, bladder, spleen, adrenal glands, and skeletal system.
- This crystal can also help you fight infections and may lower your fever.
Emerald has the following physical healing properties:
- Emerald is popular for its ability to treat headaches, skin rashes, and allergies. It has a soothing impact on the system and can provide instant relief from anything that is causing the body to feel overwhelmed.
- This crystal has a rejuvenating effect on the various organs in the body. For instance, it can make your eyes stronger, sharpen your memory, bring your heartbeat into a rhythm, and energize your organs that are exhausted.
- Traditionally, Emerald is said to be a stone of fertility. As such, if you are looking to conceive, you should carry this crystal with you.
Metaphysical Healing Properties
Jade has the following metaphysical properties:
- Jade is considered a crystal of good luck. It is said that, if you carry this stone with you, all your tasks or endeavours will happen smoothly.
- Jade encourages you to get rid of negative thought patterns and clears the way for mental and emotional well-being.
- In Feng Shui, Jade is said to be a symbol of protection.
- This crystal also works on your heart chakra and makes you prioritise self-love. This brings more peace and tranquillity to your life.
Emerald has the following metaphysical properties:
- Emerald is popular for bringing prosperity and success to the user. This is why so many entrepreneurs wear this crystal as a ring or bracelet.
- This crystal helps you get rid of your worldly fears and makes you more peaceful and at ease with yourself.
- Emeralds can also bring a sense of lightness to your entire being. As such, you feel more playful and childlike. This is important in today’s world where most people are so tightly wound.
- This crystal can clear dark or negative energy from your aura and make way for more blessings and positivity to enter your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Jade comes in a number of different varieties and colours. As such, its value greatly varies depending on the variants and their quality.
However, Jade is typically less expensive than Emerald, which is one of the most sought-after crystals in the world.
Green Jade and Emerald are both powerful healers, but knowing which crystal is which is highly important – you don’t want to make the wrong decision and you don’t want to be overcharged for Jade, thinking you were buying Emerald either.
I’ve listed some ways to assess Jade vs Emerald and spot the differences and I hope these help you choose the right stone for your needs.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023