Amethyst has long been praised for its incredible metaphysical properties.
As such, it is not surprising that people from all walks of life use it for their spiritual enhancement.
Since amethyst connects naturally to the third eye and crown chakras, it is considered one of the top crystals for spiritual growth.
One of the most common ways people make use of this crystal is by meditating with it.
This helps them experience higher states of consciousness and form a connection with the divine.
It makes them calmer, more relaxed, and more peaceful.
Plus, it also helps them reach much deeper levels of meditation.
Truly, the benefits of meditating with amethyst are amazing, and thus, everyone should give it a try.
In this guide, I’ll walk you through how you can start to meditate with amethyst.
Preparing To Meditate With Amethyst
Now, before you actually start using your amethyst for meditation, there are certain things you need to do.
These will ensure that your meditation practice goes on smoothly and you reap all its benefits.
1) Cleanse Your Amethyst Crystal
Your crystals are high-energy objects. As such, they interact with objects and people around them on a subtler level. This can leave unwanted energy fingerprints on your crystal, which, in turn, might cause unforeseen issues when you use them.
So, when you’re trying to meditate with amethyst, it is advisable to first cleanse it, especially if it is new or hasn’t been used for a while.
There are various ways you can do this. Let’s take a look at the most effective ones:
i) Expose it to the sunlight or moonlight
This is a popular method of removing any negative or residual energies from crystals.
When it comes to amethyst, be sure not to keep it under direct sunlight for prolonged periods. Otherwise, it will lose its colour.
I would say fifteen minutes of exposure should do the trick.
As for moonlight, you can keep it exposed for hours on end.
ii) Place it under running water
This is perhaps the easiest way to cleanse your amethyst. If you have access to a stream or river, simply dip your crystal into it and allow the running water to take away any stale energy in it.
If that’s not possible for you, you can also use tap water at your home.
iii) Smudging with sage or other herbs
Smudging has been used since ancient times to remove negative energies from a given space, object, and even people.
It involves burning some sage (or other herbs) and making sure that your crystal gets engulfed in the smoke.
iv) Bury it in brown rice
All you need to do is take a bowl of brown rice and bury your amethyst beneath the grains.
Keep it buried for 24 hours and allow the rice to absorb all the negative energies in it. Then, throw away the rice.
2) Program Your Crystal
Now that you have cleansed your crystal, it is time to prepare it for the meditation practice.
This step helps you and the crystal become more familiar with each other. It also gives you the opportunity to program your intention into it.
If you didn’t already know, “programming” is a process where the crystal or its energy becomes aware of what you intend to use it for.
In other words, it understands how it needs to help you.
For example, if you want your meditation to connect you to divine forces, the amethyst will become programmed with that intention and will help you achieve it.
So, how do you program your crystal? Well, you could hold it in your hand and visualize your intention in your mind.
Or, you could place your crystal under your pillow or your nightstand when you go to bed at night.
While you’re asleep, your subconscious mind will do the programming for you.
How To Meditate With Amethyst
So, after the cleansing and the programming, it’s finally time to start with the amethyst meditation.
Let’s take a look at how you can do this:
- Choose a comfortable place in your home to meditate. And make sure that you won’t be disturbed during your practice. Many people prefer to meditate in their living room or bedroom. Once you’ve decided on the spot, you can sit in a cross-legged posture on a cushion or a yoga mat. You can also lie down if you prefer, but try not to fall asleep.
- Then, place your amethyst crystal in front of you, close your eyes, and take a few deep breaths. Breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth. With each breath, try to become more and more relaxed. This signals to your mind that you are now starting your practice.
- Next, pick up the crystal and hold it in your left hand. It is said that crystals, when held in the left hand, become a medium for receiving universal energies.
- Keep your eyes closed and try to connect with the energies of the crystal. Feel its texture in your hand and feel the healing energies that this magnificent crystal exudes.
- Once you feel like a connection has been established, focus on your intention. Let’s say you want to connect with divine energies. In this case, tune into the feeling of opening yourself up and letting the divine forces pour into you. Visualize that a bright white light is descending from the heavens and entering your body through your crown chakra. As this happens, feel that you and the source of creation are merging with each other.
- When you’re visualizing all of this, keep your breath steady and hold the crystal gently. Ask it to amplify your energy body and take you into a higher vibrational state. This will make it even easier for you to fulfil your intentions.
- After you feel like your meditation is complete, bring yourself back into your room. Be grateful to the divine energies and to your crystal for blessing you with such a wonderful experience.
- Then, place your amethyst crystal in front of you and try to ground yourself. Imagine excess energies from your system going down into mother Earth. Allow a sense of calm to wash over your entire body.
- When you are ready, gently open your eyes with a smile on your face. If you still don’t feel fully grounded, grab yourself a cold glass of water.
If you’re just started to meditate with crystals, then Amethyst is a wonderful gem to begin with.
As long as you prep your crystal beforehand, you should have a wonderful and relaxing amethyst meditation.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023