If there were ever two crystals that looked pretty much identical, they would be Pink Calcite and Rose Quartz.
It can be incredibly difficult to tell these pink stones apart.
However, despite the fact that they share some similarities, they are actually two distinct stones with different properties and characteristics.
In this article, I will talk about Rose Quartz vs Pink Calcite so that you can easily tell them apart.
Pink Calcite Vs Rose Quartz
Pink Calcite and Rose Quartz are both pink stones. However, they have different shades of pink.
Pink Calcite usually has a softer and more pastel pink colour. On the surface, you can also observe inclusions like white lines and spots.
Rose Quartz, on the other hand, has a deeper and more intense pink hue. It, too, has inclusions but they are only faded white lines.
That being said, it’s not uncommon for Rose Quartz to be pale too, and sometimes almost white.
Pink Calcite and Rose Quartz belong to two different families of crystals.
Pink Calcite is a calcium carbonate mineral with a chemical formula of CaCO3. As such, it is composed of calcium, carbon, and oxygen.
Rose Quartz, on the other hand, is a type of Quartz with a chemical formula of SiO2. As such, it is composed of silicon and oxygen.
This is perhaps the easiest way to differentiate between the two crystals.
Pink Calcite has a hardness rating of 3 on the Mohs scale and is quite fragile.
Rose Quartz has a hardness rating of 7 and is considerably harder, more durable, and scratch-resistant in comparison to Pink Calcite.
Countries of Origin
Pink Calcite and Rose Quartz are both abundantly found on the planet. However, they differ in terms of where they are sourced from.
The highest quality Pink Calcite can be found in Mexico. It is also mined in countries like Peru and the United States.
Rose Quartz is mainly sourced from countries like Brazil, Madagascar, and South Africa.
Pink Calcite is associated with the zodiac signs of Cancer and Libra. It is said to promote emotional healing, forgiveness, and self-love.
Rose Quartz is associated with the zodiac signs of Taurus and Libra. It is said to promote love, compassion, and emotional healing.
This is one property that both Pink Calcite and Rose Quartz share. They are both associated with the heart chakra.
Pink Calcite resonates with the frequency of the number 4. In numerology, this number represents stability, discipline, order, organisation, foundation, and groundedness.
Rose Quartz, on the other hand, resonates with the frequency of the number 7. In numerology, this number represents spirituality, intuition, and wisdom.
Pink Calcite is associated with the element of water. Therefore, it promotes healing on an emotional level and helps to create balance in the body.
Rose Quartz is associated with the element of earth. As such, it promotes stability, groundedness, and connection to nature.
Rose Quartz Vs Pink Calcite Physical Healing Properties
Pink Calcite and Rose Quartz are both pink-coloured crystals. They are also linked to the same chakra – the heart chakra. As such, they largely work on the same organs and physiological processes.
However, there are some physical healing properties that are different from one another. Let’s take a look at them below.
Pink Calcite has the following properties:
- One of the most apparent qualities of Pink Calcite is that it has a relaxing effect on the muscles. If you’re suffering from muscle stiffness or pain, using a Pink Calcite will provide relief and boost your recovery.
- This crystal also improves the blood flow in your system and reduces inflammation. This has tons of benefits for your physical health.
- Pink Calcite is also said to improve your reproductive health. It can balance the body’s hormones and boost a person’s fertility (especially women’s). It can even be used to get relief from menstrual cramps.
- Since it is a heart chakra crystal, Pink Calcite can lower your cholesterol levels and support the functioning of your heart.
- Pink Calcite is also believed to boost your body’s ability to absorb nutrients from the food you eat.
Rose Quartz has the following physical healing properties:
- Rose Quartz is a crystal of the heart chakra. As such, it can heal ailments related to the heart and the overall circulatory system. For instance, this crystal can strengthen the muscles of the heart and keep it functioning normally. It can also improve blood flow in the system and reduce the effects of blockages.
- Rose Quartz is also quite effective at releasing impurities from body fluids. This can prevent diseases and disorders from developing.
- Another important property of this crystal is that it hastens the recovery process after an injury or disease.
- Rose Quartz can also increase fertility and protect mothers and their unborn babies from miscarriage.
Pink Calcite Vs Rose Quartz Metaphysical Healing Properties
Pink Calcite has the following metaphysical healing properties:
- One of the most awesome effects of Pink Calcite is that it can reduce hallucinations. So, if you happen to be suffering from a mental or physical disease that is causing you to hallucinate, having a Pink Calcite crystal might help.
- This crystal is also effective at treating the symptoms of stress, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Another amazing property of Pink Calcite is that it can clear any energetic blockages in your system. This will enable spiritual energy to flow undeterred throughout your body, which will help you feel more lively and energetic.
- Pink Calcite is also known to enhance your perception and support your mental health.
Rose Quartz has the following metaphysical healing properties:
- Rose Quartz can restore trust and harmony in relationships, which can strengthen the bond between people and encourage unconditional love.
- As this is a heart chakra crystal, it can open your heart to self-love, self-trust, and self-forgiveness.
- Rose Quartz can also initiate emotional healing by getting rid of past trauma, limiting beliefs, and emotional wounds.
- The energies of this crystal are quite calming and reassuring. As such, it can provide you with comfort during times of hardship.
- Rose Quartz can remove negative energies from your aura and even protect you from negative energies in the environment.
Pink Calcite and Rose Quartz are similar-looking crystals from very different crystal families.
Although both pink crystals share some properties and uses, they are also very unique in their own ways.
Whenever you buy crystals, it’s important to know you’re getting the right one for your needs, so I hope this article has helped you discern how to identify Rose Quartz vs Pink Calcite.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023