The mention of this stone is sure to raise eyebrows. Not only is this stone a fairly new discovery in the mineral world, but it also has “Atlantis” in its name.
And as you might already know, Atlantis is believed to be an ancient advanced civilization that got submerged into the Atlantic Ocean over ten thousand years ago.
Atlantisite is not connected with the legend of Atlantis in any way.
It’s just that Gerald Pauley, who coined the name in the 20th century, was reminded of the mythic civilization when he held the stone in his hand.
Since this stone is still relatively new, its metaphysical properties are still being discovered and understood by healers and mystics.
However, we know enough to make it a part of our lives. To that end, let’s dive deeper into its properties.
At first glance, atlantisite might look like a fruit or a vegetable to you. Actually, I thought mine looked like a cookie when it arrived!
It is a mixture of yellowish-green and purple colours. Some atlantisite stones have a more prominent green colour while others have a more pronounced purple colour.
Also, they are randomly dispersed throughout the surface of the stone.
Atlantisite is actually a combination of two other minerals – green Serpentine and pink to purple Stichtite.
These minerals are found in other parts of the world, but it is their combination in the form of atlantisite that’s rare are much more beautiful.
The green colour of the atlantisite stone comes from the presence of iron oxide in it and the purple colour comes from the presence of manganese oxide.
On the Mohs scale, this stone gets a rating of 6-7, which makes it decently hard.
The only known deposit of atlantisite is in Tasmania. This is also why it is sometimes called Tasmanite. This makes it an extremely rare and expensive stone.
The green colour in this stone might make you feel like it is connected to the heart chakra. And you would be right to think so, but only partially.
The yellow in this stone also works to heal your solar plexus chakra.
Healers have discovered that this crystal is also linked to the crown chakra, which can come as a surprise to many.
Often crystals that are linked to the crown chakra are either colourless or violet/blueish in colour.
Also, atlantisite is thought to activate your kundalini energy, which lies dormant at the base of your spine in a serpentine form.
When this energy rises and reaches the crown chakra, you essentially achieve enlightenment. As such, the significance of this stone cannot be overstated!
Atlantisite Physical Healing Properties
What is atlantisite good for? Well, one of the best things about the atlantisite crystal is that it heals you on all levels – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
Let’s first check out its physical healing properties:
- This stone is known to increase your stamina and energy levels. As such, you become more enthusiastic about your day-to-day life.
- As a stone for the heart chakra, atlantisite is also effective in healing ailments related to the lungs, heart, hands, arms, and chest.
- It can even ease your stomach and promote better kidney health.
- In women, it can provide relief from menstrual pains and cramps.
- Another impressive healing property of atlantisite is that it helps you manage your diabetes and brings sugar levels under control.
- This stone can also promote the regeneration of skin cells, which makes your skin appear more youthful.
- This stone is quite useful in treating hernias and improving metabolic functions.
- Another important healing property of this stone is its ability to improve the delivery of nutrients to the cells in the body. This paves way for more energy and a better flow of spiritual energy.
- Finally, this stone is also quite helpful in problems relating to sexual organs. It can correct sexual imbalances and can even treat infertility.
Atlantisite Metaphysical Properties
If you think the physical healing benefits of atlantisite are impressive, wait till you read about its metaphysical properties:
- This is the perfect stone for people suffering from stress, anxiety, and depression. It can cure the symptoms of these conditions and help you find inner peace. Not only that, but it can also stabilize your mood to a great extent and help you develop a relaxed attitude.
- This stone, when used in meditation, can help you access information about your past lives. You will also come to know about the lessons you learned in those lives.
- Atlantisite can make you feel safe and secure. This is especially useful for people who’re suffering from paranoia.
- Thanks to its connection to the heart chakra, it makes it much easier for you to give and receive love. It also makes you a more compassionate and empathetic person.
- Another great effect of having this stone around you is that it removes stagnant energy. This can help remove obstacles in life, get stuck projects going, open new doors and help you achieve goals that you had been waiting for a long time.
- As far as romantic relationships are concerned, this stone can surely improve the bond between you and your loved one. It can soften the stubborn attitudes of the two people involved and create a way for them to come together in unison.
Atlantisite can be used in various ways and for various purposes. Let’s take a look at some of them below:
- You can place this stone throughout your home. As mentioned above, it can remove stagnant energy and help you live a more relaxed life.
- You can also wear jewellery that is embedded with atlantisite. This will ensure that this stone is always in contact with your body and you’ll get a healthy dose of its spiritual energies throughout the day.
- Meditation is another one of its popular uses. Since this stone works on the heart and crown chakras, you can take your meditation to the next level if you hold it in your hand. You can bring together your mind and heart in such a way that you achieve absolute union and control in life.
What Does Atlantisite Look Like?
I do think this crystal looks like a cookie! Or perhaps another item of food. It’s a very unusual crystal with a yellow base colour and dapples of green and purple.
Is Atlantisite Rare?
This crystal is fairly rare, but not so rare that you can’t usually pick some up for a reasonable price.
Where Is Atlantisite Found?
Atlantisite can only be mined from Stichtite Hill in Tasmania, but you can buy it all over the world.
Atlantisite is a wonderful crystal and I wish more people knew about it. You can use atlantisite for an array of physical, mental and spiritual ailments – it’s a very versatile healer.
I hope this post has helped you understand more about the beautiful atlantisite stone.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023