Trying for or carrying a baby is a wonderful and magical time for expectant parents. But it can also be fraught with worry for the health of both mum and little one.
Your medical team will be your primary resource for health and wellbeing tips throughout the course of your fertility and pregnancy journey. However, there is still a lot to be said about traditional remedies and welcoming energetic support and healing.
In this guide, we will take a look at the best crystals for fertility, pregnancy and birth.
What Crystals Can Help With Fertility?
The decision to try for a baby is so exciting, but becoming pregnant is much easier for some couples than it is for others. There are many things that can impact fertility and hamper someone’s ability to get pregnant – and this can cause a lot of distress. According to WHO, infertility may affect as many as 48 million couples worldwide.
There are certain crystals that can help with fertility by unblocking energy and calming emotions. The crystals that can help with fertility include:
- Moonstone: This crystal is connected with the feminine energies of the moon and female cycles; it’s also a stone for new beginnings, making it a great crystal for fertility. It’s thought to help balance hormones and regulate a woman’s cycle while also calming anxieties and stabilising emotions.
- Carnelian: Issues with fertility may be as a result of energy blockages in the lower chakras. Carnelian is an uplifting stone that can be used to heal the sacral and root chakras. It promotes fertility, the positive flow of energy through the chakras and the sexual organs, and improves sexuality and joy.
- Lepidolite: Lepidolite is a wonderful, calming gemstone that can help to ease the feeling of low mood, stress and anxiety that can arise when trying for a baby. It’s beautiful pink hues also resonate with the heart chakra to help you to maintain love for yourself and your partner during such a difficult time.
- Garnet: Garnet connects with the sacral and root chakras – igniting the libido. It can also aid in clearing blockages in the lower chakras and can provide upliftment.
- Chrysoprase: It’s thought that Chrysoprase can help with infertility. It can be used to enhance sexual power and balance emotions.
- Rose Quartz: Rose Quartz is the primary stone associated with love. While attempting to conceive, Rose Quartz can be helpful in keeping you and your partner focused on the love you have for one another. It can also help boost your own self-love at a time when you are likely surrounded by doubt. Rose Quartz is a calming and peaceful stone which can help to ease high emotions.
- Green Aventurine: Lady Luck can be useful when trying to conceive and there is no luckier stone that Green Aventurine. It can be a great stone for fertility because of its ability to ensure you are prosperous in your endeavours. However, it can also help support the heart chakra, calm emotions, and deal with energetic blockages.
What Crystals Help With Pregnancy?
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Now is the time to focus your energies on looking after yourself and the new life growing inside you.
Many parents will understandably feel fear throughout the course of a pregnancy – worrying about whether the baby is healthy and growing well. Your medical team will be with you each step of the way to support you through to the end of your pregnancy, and monitor the health of mum and baby alike. There are crystals that can help with pregnancy by providing a calming effect and improving health; these include:
- Unakite: This crystal helps with the growth of the baby while also promoting a healthy and positive pregnancy. It’s believed that Unakite can help to create a bond between baby and mum. It also promotes a sense of calm and grounding.
- Lapis Lazuli: Sometimes referenced as ‘the pregnancy crystal’, Lapis Lazuli is thought to ease some of the physical and emotional stresses and strains of pregnancy.
- Rose Quartz: Rose Quartz emits gentle, calming feminine energies and, as the universal love stone, it can help to create a loving bond between a mother and her unborn child.
- Amethyst: Amethyst can help to keep anxiety at bay, instilling a sense of calm. It’s also a great stone for restful sleep and tackling any insomnia you experience during your pregnancy. If you suffer with headaches or migraines during pregnancy, you can use Amethyst to help relieve them.
- Bloodstone: Bloodstone, as the name suggests, is thought to help with a healthy flow and supply of blood. The body makes around 50% more blood when a woman is pregnant so Bloodstone can be a great support and healer for this, but it can also help to build strength and increase energy levels.
- Aquamarine: This lovely crystal provides strong protection during each trimester for both mother and baby; it is believed to discourage miscarriages and other pregnancy-related problems. Aquamarine is also a very soothing stone, helping to calm emotions and allowing a mother to go with the flow.
- Red Jasper: This gemstone helps the baby grow strong in the womb. It is also thought that it can be used by the mother to heal pain in various areas of the body and help with any nutritional deficiencies.
The Best Crystals for Labour and Delivery
The day has finally arrived – the contractions have started and you are ready to welcome your beautiful bundle of joy into the world. You will undoubtedly have a thorough birth plan and an excellent medical team to support you, but there are a handful of gemstones that can also help.
The best crystals for labour tend to be:
- Malachite: Often referred to as the ‘midwife stone’, Malachite can be very helpful in easing labour pains while stimulating contractions. It is also helpful for the safe delivery of the baby.
- Onyx: It is believed by many cultures that Onyx can help to speed up delivery; it is also thought to act as a pain reliever and a healer of wounds – which can also be helpful post-partum.
- Moss Agate: This is the a stone used for new beginnings and can help ease pain during labour and assist with a good delivery. It can also help with fear and emotional blockages.
- Unakite: In some cultures, midwives won’t deliver a baby without Unakite being present. It provides soothing energies and helps to keep mother and baby safe from harm to achieve a healthy and successful birth.
- Bloodstone: Some believe Bloodstone can help to prevent haemorrhaging and it is well known to support a healthy blood supply. It is thought that Bloodstone can help to lessen labour pains, while also providing the mother with strength and stamina.
Were there any particular crystals you used throughout your pregnancy? We’d love to hear your story on our Facebook page.
*Disclaimer: Holistic healing and alternative therapies are not a replacement for medical treatment. You should always seek advice from your medical practitioner. This guide is designed for inspiration and has not been written by a medical professional.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023