Orange calcite and citrine are both uplifting crystals that are widely used to bring warmth and joy.
To the untrained eye, however, they might look like the same crystal.
This is why, if you’re looking to get yourself one of these crystals, you should first understand their properties and know how to tell the difference. Doing so will help you pick the right crystal for you.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at citrine vs orange calcite and how to tell them apart.
Orange Calcite vs Citrine: How To Tell The Difference
Below we will look at the appearance and uses of both Orange Calcite and Citrine, so you know which one is best for you.
Orange Calcite Vs Citrine Appearance
In terms of appearance, both these crystals look stunning. And they might look the same at first glance. However, if you take a closer look, you will certainly be able to tell the differences.
For instance, Orange Calcite has a brilliant and vibrant orange colour.
However, natural Citrine has a pale yellow shade. If you’re considering heat-treated citrine, the colour can vary a lot. But it will generally have a golden hue to it.
When it comes to clarity, Orange Calcite tends to be more opaque while natural Citrine can have a cloudy appearance. It can also be transparent or semi-transparent.
The chemical formula for Calcite is calcium carbonate. This means it is composed of calcium, carbon, and oxygen.
Citrine, on the other hand, belongs to the Quartz family of crystals. As such, it is composed of silicon dioxide.
This is one of the biggest differences between the two crystals. And if you’re willing to scratch your crystals a bit, you will easily be able to tell which crystal is which.
Orange Calcite has a hardness of just 3 on the Moh’s scale. This makes it a soft crystal. In fact, it is so soft that you can’t submerge it under water because it would dissolve.
Citrine is a much harder crystal with a rating of 7 on Moh’s scale. As such, it is much more scratch-resistant and durable.
Countries Of Origin
Orange Calcite is mainly sourced from countries such as China, Spain, India, Namibia, and the United States.
When it comes to Citrine, its natural variant is quite rare to find. Some of the places natural Citrine is mined are Russia, Kazakhstan, and Madagascar.
Citrine’s heat-treated variant is more commonly available and is mainly sourced from Brazil and Uruguay.
Orange Calcite is mainly associated with Cancer and Leo zodiac signs while Citrine is associated with Scorpio, Sagittarius, and Leo.
Orange Calcite is said to be associated with the Sacral and Root chakras. As such, it plays an important role in people’s creativity, sexuality, sense of security, primal instincts, and so on.
Citrine is associated with the sacral and solar plexus chakras. As such, in addition to influencing your creativity and sexuality, it can also influence your self-confidence, personal power, and sense of self-worth.
Orange Calcite vibrates at the frequency of the number 3, which represents intuition, wisdom, emotions, knowledge, and peace. It is one of the most powerful spiritual numbers.
Citrine, on the other hand, vibrates at the frequency of the number 6. This number represents creativity, care, union, and love.
Physical Healing Properties
Orange calcite has the following physical healing properties:
- Orange Calcite is a Sacral chakra crystal. As such, it can balance and harmonise this chakra which leads to better functioning of organs such as the kidneys, urinary tract, and reproductive system.
- Since this crystal also works on the Root chakra, it can strengthen your muscles and bones.
- This crystal also promotes better absorption of calcium in the body.
- Orange Calcite can heal your damaged tissues and provide relief from the ensuing pain.
- This crystal has a detoxifying effect on the system as it removes toxins and other harmful chemicals from your body.
Citrine has the following physical healing properties:
- This crystal can get rid of chronic fatigue and make you more energetic physically.
- Citrine can ensure the proper functioning of the thyroid and keep related diseases away.
- It can also improve the functioning of your digestive system.
- It can get rid of skin diseases and ensure better blood circulation in the body.
- Citrine can even provide relief from menstrual pain and nausea.
Metaphysical Healing Properties
Orange calcite has the following metaphysical properties:
- This crystal opens doors to new spiritual experiences and makes you feel like you are making more progress on your spiritual path. This is particularly helpful if you feel stuck in your spiritual journey.
- Orange Calcite works on your Sacral chakra and enhances your creativity. It encourages you to think outside the box and come up with unique creations. This also enhances your visualisation powers, which is always great for your manifestations.
- This crystal also fills you with a renewed sense of vitality. You feel like you have a lot more energy than before, which you can channel to the area of your life that needs the most work and attention.
- Orange Calcite also enhances your emotional intelligence. This comes in handy in all areas of your life. When the head and the heart are working in sync, you are able to take much better decisions, understand other people, and perceive situations without biases.
Citrine has the following metaphysical properties:
- Citrine works on your Solar Plexus chakra and makes you more confident than ever before. All of a sudden, you start to believe in yourself, your abilities, and your immense potential.
- This crystal can also ward off negative energy and keep you protected from any damaging effects of such energy.
- Citrine can broaden your perspective and help you take a more balanced view of the world. It can make you a more optimistic person and shift your attention to possibilities and opportunities rather than challenges and failures.
- This crystal is also great at releasing anger, stress, anxiety, or anything else that might be troubling you. It helps you anchor your attention to the present moment and be more peaceful. So, if you ever feel overwhelmed, you can simply turn to this crystal to make things better.
To the untrained eye, Citrine and Orange Calcite can appear similar, but there are some very obvious differences between the two.
It’s important to know how to tell the difference between these crystals and assess the differences in properties of Citrine vs Orange Calcite so you know which one will work best for you.
Now that you know how to tell Citrine and Orange Calcite apart, learn the differences between Honey Calcite and Orange Calcite.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023