Honey Calcite and Orange Calcite are two beautiful crystals that look very similar.
If you are trying to work with only one of them, it is important that you learn about their specific properties. This will help you distinguish between them and use your preferred crystal only.
With that in mind, I am going to talk about some of the major differences of Orange Calcite vs Honey Calcite.
Honey Calcite Vs Orange Calcite
If you’re looking to purchase either of these crystals, the following properties will help you tell them apart:
Honey Calcite, as you would expect, has a honey-like colour. It has a warm, yellowish-brown shade that is quite pleasing to the eyes.
On the other hand, Orange Calcite has a vivid orange shade that is brighter than Honey Calcite. This crystal looks more like a slice of orange than a teaspoon of honey.
Another point of difference, in terms of appearance, is transparency.
While Honey Calcite tends to be more transparent, Orange Calcite is usually more opaque.
The mineral composition of both these crystals is the same since they are both types of Calcite.
Calcite is a mineral that has the elements Calcium, Carbon, and Oxygen. In common usage, it is called calcium carbonate (CaCO3).
However, there are differences in terms of impurities that are present within these crystals and contribute to their colour.
While Honey Calcite has iron impurities, Orange Calcite may contain manganese or iron.
Since both the crystals are forms of Calcite, they have the same hardness rating of 3 on Moh’s scale.
This makes them relatively soft and should, therefore, be protected from water and sun exposure.
It’s important when cleansing these crystals to use the proper methods.
Countries Of Origin
It is said that the best quality Honey Calcite is sourced from Mexico. However, this crystal is also found in countries like Brazil, India, Sweden, the USA, and the Czech Republic.
Orange Calcite, on the other hand, is found in China, Spain, India, Namibia, and the United States.
Honey Calcite is often associated with Cancer, Leo, Pisces, and Aries.
Orange Calcite is associated with Cancer and Leo.
Honey Calcite works quite well with the solar plexus chakra and, in some cases, the third eye chakra.
It is well-known for its ability to enhance a person’s sense of personal power and self-confidence. It does so by removing any energy blockages in a person’s solar plexus chakra.
Orange Calcite, on the other hand, is associated mainly with the sacral chakra, although it is also said to work on the root chakra.
As such, its effects are mainly felt in terms of enhanced creativity, passion, and emotional balance.
It is also said to help people explore and express their sexuality.
Physical Healing Properties
While assessing Orange Calcite vs Honey Calcite, it is important to compare their physical healing properties.
Different stones will have different effects when it comes to physical healing. So, if you are looking to get healed from a particular physical ailment, you should know which of these two crystals will help you.
Honey Calcite has the following physical healing properties:
- As a solar plexus crystal, Honey Calcite is quite effective at supporting the healing of diseases and disorders related to the digestive system. As such, it can help you treat indigestion, bloating, irregular bowel movements, stomach aches, and so on.
- Honey Calcite is also great at healing skin issues. If you feel like your skin has been looking dull lately or if you have been suffering from a skin disease, you can turn to this crystal to heal and rejuvenate your skin.
- Another important physical healing property of Honey Calcite is that it helps you regulate your weight. Often, due to things like stress or bad eating habits, we tend to gain or lose a lot of weight. If not handled at the right time, this can lead to other troubles in the future. Honey Calcite can work on your solar plexus chakra and help you achieve an ideal and healthy weight.
- Honey Calcite can also enhance your body’s natural ability to heal. It strengthens the immune system, which makes you defeat your diseases and disorders much more quickly.
Orange Calcite has the following physical healing properties:
- As a sacral chakra crystal, Orange Calcite is quite effective at healing diseases and disorders related to the reproductive system. It can also improve the functioning of other vital organs like the spleen, urinary tract, kidneys, etc.
- This crystal can also strengthen your bones and prevent bone-related diseases from developing in your old age.
- One other impressive physical healing property of this crystal is that it promotes much faster healing of damaged tissue in the body.
- Orange Calcite can also eliminate toxins from your body, which includes getting rid of bacteria and viruses.
- Last but certainly not least, this crystal increases your vitality and makes you feel more energetic than ever before.
Metaphysical Healing Properties
Honey calcite has the following metaphysical properties:
- One of the most well-known properties of Honey Calcite is that it is an energy amplifier. As such, it enhances the vibrations of your energy body, which makes your spiritual practices deeper and more transcendental.
- By removing blockages from your solar plexus chakra, Honey Calcite can increase your self-confidence and sense of self-worth. This also paves way for greater self-love.
- Honey Calcite is also great for enhancing your cognitive abilities, which include better focus, memory, and logical capabilities.
- This crystal fills your life with more optimism. So, if you happen to be a pessimist and want to change the way you think, you should definitely use this crystal.
Orange Calcite has the following metaphysical properties:
- Orange Calcite is a great stone to have if you want to advance on the spiritual path. It is especially helpful to those who feel stuck on their path and need some support to take the next big leap.
- This crystal helps you take action to make your dreams come true. It brings you out of the dreaming stage and makes you realize that only real actions can help you achieve your goals.
- For those lacking motivation, Orange Calcite can bring a real transformation to your life. It can rejuvenate your mind and fill you with motivation to get up and do what is necessary at any given moment.
- Orange Calcite is also quite effective at making you emotionally intelligent. It helps you use your mind and heart in unison, which can help you take better decisions in life.
You may also like: Honey Calcite vs Yellow Calcite.
Honey Calcite and Orange Calcite are fairly similar in appearance, so you would be forgiven for getting them confused.
It is important, however, to learn to identify the differences of Orange Calcite vs Honey Calcite so you can be certain you are choosing the right crystal for your healing needs.
Further reading: How to tell the difference between Citrine and Orange Calcite.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023