Angelite and Blue Calcite are stunning stones with some similar properties, but they can often be confused based on their appearance.
When you are looking at their raw variants, it can be very difficult to tell them apart. Even if you’re evaluating their polished variants, it can still be pretty difficult for some people to distinguish between the two.
In this article, I will talk about some of the differences that will help you tell them apart as well as go over some of their similarities.
Angelite Vs Blue Calcite
Angelite usually has a pale blue colour and contains white streaks across its surface – you may also sometimes find some light brown shades streaked into this crystal. It also has a very soft and pearly lustre.
Blue Calcite is also usually pale blue in colour. It has a vitreous lustre and is often translucent. It doesn’t usually have other shades in it.
Appearance is one of the best ways to assess the differences of Blue Calcite Vs Angelite, but I’ve included some other variants below.
Angelite is a variety of anhydrite, which is a sulfate mineral. As such, it is composed of calcium, sulfur, and oxygen. Its chemical formula is CaSO4.
Blue calcite is a carbonate mineral and so, it is composed of calcium, carbon, and oxygen. Its chemical formula is CaCO3.
Angelite gets a rating of just 3.5 on the Mohs scale. As such, it is a pretty soft mineral that should be protected from water.
Blue Calcite, too, is a soft mineral with a rating of 3 on the Mohs scale. Be very careful when cleansing your Blue Calcite crystal.
Countries of Origin
Angelite is mainly found in Peru, Mexico, Egypt, and Germany. Blue Calcite, on the other hand, is found in Brazile, the United States and Brazil.
Angelite is strongly associated with the Aquarius zodiac sign, while Blue Calcite is associated with the sign of Cancer.
Angelite is associated with the throat, third eye, and crown chakras. This alone makes this stone a highly mystical object.
Blue Calcite, on the other hand, is associated with the throat and third eye chakras but not the crown chakra.
According to numerology, Angelite is associated with the number 1. As such, it resonates with the energies of new beginnings, manifestation, individuality, and raw energy.
Blue Calcite is associated with the number 8, which represents abundance, material wealth, prosperity, and self-reliance.
Combined, from a numerological standpoint, this is a powerful duo for attracting new opportunities that result in more personal wealth.
Angelite is strongly linked with Uranus, which represents breakthroughs, innovation, and revolution.
Blue Calcite is associated with Venus, which represents love, romance, aesthetics, and beauty.
As a crystal linked to other realms, Angelite is linked to the air element, which is known for qualities such as clarity, focus, and communication.
Blue Calcite, on the other hand, is linked to the water element, which is known for its soothing and calming qualities.
Physical Healing Properties Of Blue Calcite Vs Angelite
Angelite has the following physical healing properties:
- As a throat chakra stone, Angelite is known to have a calming effect on the throat and mouth region. As such, if you have any diseases or disorders in these regions, you should definitely use this stone. It can provide relief from sore throats, tonsillitis, gum problems, teeth problems, mouth ulcers, and thyroid disorders.
- Angelite is also known to have a calming effect on the respiratory system. It can provide relief from breathing difficulties, coughs, and other respiratory issues.
- One of the lesser-known properties of Angelite is that it can help balance fluids in the body. This makes it quite effective against conditions like oedema, lymphatic congestion, and swelling.
- Angelite can lower your blood pressure and help you feel at ease. This is also useful for your overall health and well-being.
- Angelite is also believed to help balance the hormones in the body. This is particularly beneficial for females to treat conditions such as PMS.
Blue calcite has the following physical healing properties:
- Like Angelite, Blue Calcite also has a calming effect on the respiratory system. It can soothe coughs, colds, and other respiratory issues.
- This stone can help lower your blood pressure, leading to greater overall well-being. This is another property that Blue Calcite shares with Angelite.
- As a third eye chakra stone, Blue Calcite can provide relief from headaches and migraines, especially those that are caused by stress.
- Blue Calcite can also help improve the body’s absorption of important vitamins and minerals. This leads to a stronger physical body and a healthier mind.
Metaphysical Healing Properties Of Angelite And Blue Calcite
Angelite has the following metaphysical properties:
- Angelite has a strong connection to the third and crown chakras. Both these chakras are mystical in nature and so, Angelite is believed to enhance your intuition and psychic abilities.
- Angelite is also said to help connect you with your spirit guides, angels, and other higher beings. In other words, it facilitates communication between the physical realm and the spiritual realm.
- This stone exudes calming energy, which can help you get rid of stress and promote a sense of inner peace, making it a great aid during meditation practices.
- As a throat chakra stone, Angelite can aid in self-expression. This helps you speak your inner truth with greater clarity, confidence, and ease.
- Like many other stones and crystals, Angelite can clear negative energy from your aura and surroundings.
- If you’re looking to manifest your dreams and desires, Angelite can greatly help you. It can speed up the manifestation process and help you attract anything you want in life.
Blue calcite has the following metaphysical properties:
- Like Angelite, Blue Calcite is a throat chakra stone too. As such, it too can help you express yourself freely and with confidence.
- There is another property that Blue Calcite shares with Angelite; it, too, can promote inner peace and relaxation, helping to reduce stress and anxiety.
- By stimulating the third eye and throat chakras, Blue Calcite can greatly enhance your mystical abilities, enhance your intuitive powers and increase your ability to heal other people.
- Blue Calcite is also said to be helpful for dream work. It can enhance dream recall and promote lucid dreaming.
- If you happen to be an artist, writer, musician, or another creative type, Blue Calcite will be quite useful to you. It can enhance your creativity and imagination. It can also allow you to express your creativity in ways you just couldn’t before. This could lead to greater success and fulfillment in life.
Both of these stones share similar physical healing and metaphysical properties, but they also have a lot of differences, so it’s important to know you’re using the right stone.
Although they are visually similar, honing in on the appearance is the best way to identify whether you’re looking at Blue Calcite or Angelite.
I hope this article has helped you understand Blue Calcite vs Angelite, and how to tell the difference.
Now, you may like to read about telling Blue Calcite and Celestite apart.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023