Blue Calcite is a soothing crystal that can help ease anxiety, improve your communication and assist with psychic connections
With so much hard work to do, your Blue Calcite will need regular cleansing as crystals hold onto negative energy.
This is a delicate crystal – it’s soft, with a rating of just 3 on the Mohs scale – so it’s important to be aware of how to cleanse and care for it without damaging it.
In this guide, I’ll walk you through how to cleanse Blue Calcite. We will also explore how to charge it too.
How To Cleanse Blue Calcite Safely
There are many ways you can cleanse your Blue Calcite. I’ll list a few of the best ways below:
- Reiki: If you are trained in the healing art of Reiki, you can use these abilities to cleanse your crystals. Close your eyes and open yourself up to the healing energies while holding your Blue Calcite in your hand. Channel the energies through to your palm and envisage all negative and unwanted energy leaving the crystal and returning to the universe.
- Cleansing Crystals Like Selenite Or Clear Quartz: Clear Quartz, Selenite, and Satin Spar are all incredible crystals because they can be used to remove unwanted energy from other crystals. To cleanse your Blue Calcite, place it on or in a Quartz or Selenite bowl or charging plate for a couple of hours. Alternatively, take a Selenite or Clear Quartz tumblestone and place it on top of your Blue Calcite.
- Brown Rice: Brown rice is a little-known, but effective cleansing method. Prepare a bowl of dry brown rice and place your Blue Calcite in it for a few hours.
- Singing Bowls: Sound is a powerful healer. You can use singing bowls to cleanse Blue Calcite of all unwanted energy. Alternatively, you can use Tingshas or a Shamanic drum.
- Smudging With Sage Or Other Herbs: Smudging with herbs is one of the most popular cleansing methods for crystals. Take a dry bundle of clary sage or white sage and light it. Gently blow on the bundle until it is smoking. Pass your Blue Calcite back and forth through the smoke, allowing all negative energies to leave the crystal. You can also use rosemary or lavender for cleansing crystals.
- Smoke From Incense Sticks: Incense sticks are a great replacement for dried herbs. Light a lavender or a sage incense stick and follow the same method as above to cleanse your Blue Calcite crystal.
- The Earth: If you do this on a dry night, it can be great for cleansing your crystal. Place your Blue Calcite in a small hole in the earth and cover it over. Leave it in the ground overnight, or at least for a good few hours during the day, to ensure it is fully cleansed. It’s important you only do this if there is no rain – I’ll explain why below.
Can Blue Calcite Get Wet?
No, please do not use water to cleanse a Blue Calcite stone. Crystals from the Calcite family, unlike Amethyst and others from the Quartz family, are not suitable for water cleansing.
Cleansing your Blue Calcite with water can severely damage it.
Blue Calcite is a very delicate crystal so also refrain from keeping it in a salt bath.
Using salt to cleanse crystals means that they need to be rinsed with water afterward and, as I mentioned, this isn’t okay to use water with Blue Calcite.
I recommend that you keep your Calcite crystal away from acids too, including acetic acid (vinegar).
Alternative Method: A Blue Calcite Cleansing Visualization
Take your piece of Blue Calcite in your hand. Visualize green light radiating from your heart and encompassing your aura.
Release all your stress and worries. As you slowly drift to a meditative state, you notice the green light around you is surrounded by a white bubble.
This white light is gently making its way towards your crystal.
Open your hands and allow the pure light of spirit to enter your Blue Calcite.
Allow it to dissolve all negativity the crystal has absorbed.
Stay in this energy for the next 15-20 minutes and store your crystal in a safe space for the next few days.
Allow it to rest and you can begin using it again in the next moon cycle or after a few days.
How To Charge Blue Calcite
When you’ve finished cleansing your crystal, it can be helpful to recharge it.
The safest way to charge Blue Calcite is by using the moon.
It’s generally best to wait for a full moon or at least choose to charge your Blue Calcite the day before or after a full moon.
When you are ready to charge your crystal, pop it on your windowsill, in the full light of the moon, or, if it is a dry night, place your Blue Calcite outside to soak up the moon’s feminine energies.
Can Blue Calcite Go In The Sun?
No, Blue Calcite is a delicate crystal that isn’t suitable for sun charging.
Some sun exposure won’t cause any issues, but it shouldn’t be exposed to the sun for prolonged periods of time.
How To Programme Blue Calcite
When your cleansing and charging ritual is complete, you can programme your Blue Calcite, ready to put it to work.
Hold your crystal in the palm of your hand and close your eyes. Notice how the crystal feels in your hand – is it cold, or smooth? This will help you connect with the Blue Calcite and its energies.
Now, focus in on what you want your crystal to do. If you want to use Blue Calcite to awaken your psychic abilities, communicate this clearly – either in your head or out loud.
If you need the calming effects of this crystal, make that abundantly clear.
However you want to work with Blue Calcite, it’s important you make it very clear.
Blue Calcite is a great crystal to have in your collection as it has so many uses and benefits.
However, it’s important you learn how to cleanse and charge this crystal to keep it in the best shape.
You can cleanse Blue Calcite with incense smoke, by smudging with sage, lavender, or rosemary, using sound or Reiki, or by using rice or the earth.
Remember to charge and programme your crystal after it has been cleansed.
If you liked this Blue Calcite article, you can read more here:
- Angelite and Blue Calcite: What’s The Difference?
- Celestite and Blue Calcite: How To Tell Them Apart
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023