If you go by their names, you would probably think that Lemon Calcite and Yellow Calcite are the same crystals.
To the untrained eye, they would most definitely look identical. This is why so many people struggle to understand the differences.
The truth is that these two crystals are quite different despite sharing some properties and qualities.
In this article, I am going to take a look at Yellow Calcite vs Lemon Calcite so that you can tell them apart.
Lemon Calcite Vs Yellow Calcite
Lemon Calcite is usually bright yellow in colour but some of its variants come with a slight greenish tint. This is a telltale sign that the crystal is not Yellow Calcite.
Also, it has a translucent to transparent appearance, with a finish that almost feels like wax.
On the other hand, most variants of Yellow Calcite are yellow in colour (as you would expect). But the yellow here is more muted in appearance.
Also, Yellow Calcite can be opaque or translucent depending on the variant and has a matte finish.
This is a property that Lemon Calcite and Yellow Calcite share since they belong to the same family of crystals. They are composed of calcium, carbon and oxygen. Their chemical formula is CaCO3.
However, there can be slight differences in their mineral composition due to the presence of other minerals in the surrounding environment. For example, Lemon Calcite can sometimes have trace amounts of iron.
When it comes to hardness, these forms of Calcite are relatively soft minerals. On the Mohs hardness scale, they only get a rating of 3. As such, they can be easily scratched or damaged.
Countries of Origin
Lemon Calcite is a relatively new crystal that was recently discovered in Pakistan. Yellow Calcite, on the other hand, is sourced from Brazil, Mexico, the Czech Republic, Peru and the United States.
Lemon Calcite and Yellow Calcite are both associated with the Leo zodiac sign.
Lemon Calcite and Yellow Calcite are associated with the solar plexus chakra. As such, they resonate with the qualities of personal power, confidence, and self-esteem.
Lemon Calcite is said to resonate with the vibrations of the number 3. As such, it is linked to the qualities of self-expression, intuition, communication and creativity.
Yellow Calcite is said to vibrate at the frequencies of number 8. As is well-known among healers and psychics, this number represents abundance, prosperity, wealth, success and manifestation.
This is pretty straightforward as both these crystals are yellow in colour. As such, they are associated with the fire element. This is also why people generally feel a sense of warmth when they hold these crystals in their hands or place them on their solar plexus chakras.
Physical Healing Properties
Due to the fact that both these crystals belong to the Calcite family and are yellow in colour, they share a lot of physical healing properties.
Both of these crystals, for example, work to heal ailments connected with the solar plexus.
However, there are some properties that are different from one another. Let’s take a look at them below.
Lemon Calcite has the following physical healing properties:
- Since it is a solar plexus chakra crystal, Lemon Calcite can aid in digestion. But what it is particularly good at is increasing the flow of digestive fluids. This enables the whole system to function better.
- Lemon Calcite is popular for boosting your immune system by stimulating the production of white blood cells.
- What many people don’t know is that this crystal can also promote healthy skin, hair, and nails by providing necessary minerals to the body like calcium and magnesium.
- Since the solar plexus chakra governs the liver, Lemon Calcite aid in the functioning of this organ too. For one, it can help in the detoxification of the entire body by stimulating the liver. This ensures overall good health.
- The calcium in Lemon Calcite can support healthy teeth and bones, while also helping to alleviate muscle and joint pain.
Yellow Calcite has the following physical healing properties:
- Yellow Calcite can balance the hormones in your body. This is especially useful for women as it can regulate the production of estrogen and progesterone.
- This crystal is known to alleviate headaches and migraines. It works by helping your muscles and nerves calm down and improving the blood flow to the brain.
- Yellow Calcite can also promote healthy blood circulation, which can help prevent conditions such as blood clots.
- This crystal is great at healing wounds and reducing inflammation by promoting the growth of new tissue and improving blood flow to the affected area.
Metaphysical Healing Properties
Again, these crystals share a number of metaphysical healing properties; they are both, for example, very joyful and uplifting crystals.
But they are unique in their own rights too, which is why it’s important to understand how to work with Lemon Calcite vs Yellow Calcite.
Lemon Calcite has the following metaphysical healing properties:
- Lemon Calcite can help reduce the symptoms of chronic fatigue and fills you with energy and vitality.
- It can improve your motivation and make you want to achieve your dreams and desires.
- Since this crystal works on your solar plexus chakra, it can boost your self-confidence and self-esteem by releasing self-doubt and negative self-talk.
- Lemon Calcite also promotes emotional balance and stability by encouraging a sense of inner calm and peace.
- One great property of this crystal is that it can help alleviate symptoms of depression. This can help bring back a sense of purpose and direction in a person’s life.
- Lemon Calcite supports spiritual growth and development by opening the mind and expanding awareness, connecting to higher states of consciousness.
Yellow Calcite has the following metaphysical healing properties:
- Yellow Calcite can help you heal from negative emotional and behavioural patterns and establish a more positive approach to life. It is particularly great at healing old emotional wounds.
- This crystal boosts creativity and helps you imagine what a bright future could look like for you.
- It even promotes a sense of playfulness and spontaneity, encouraging new ideas and perspectives.
- This crystal is also popular for enhancing mental clarity, concentration, memory, alertness, and so on.
- There is no doubt the Yellow Crystal can aid in your manifestation process by helping you align your thoughts and emotions with your desires.
Understanding the differences and similarities of Yellow Calcite vs Lemon Calcite is an important place to start when working with either of these crystals.
You want to ensure that the crystal you’re buying is the one you are expecting, but more than that, you want to be sure that you’re using the correct crystal for your intended purpose.
You may also like: Honey Calcite vs. Lemon Calcite.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023