Chakra stones and meditation have been parts of several cultures throughout the world for thousands of years.
Their mentions in ancient spiritual texts make it clear that human beings have always been aware of their incredible uses and importance for our lives.
Chakra stones have been used for physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual healing by our ancestors and this knowledge has been passed down to us.
Different stones are related to the different chakras of the body, and there is a vast pool of knowledge regarding which stones to use for which purpose (and chakra).
On the other hand, meditation is a spiritual practice that not only has healing effects on your body, mind, and emotions but also raises your consciousness. Perhaps, it dates back even further than chakra stones.
Now, imagine what would happen if you combine these two practices. Imagine the level of healing you would receive and the progress you would make on your spiritual path!
Well, if you are a beginner and looking to do just that, this guide is made for you.
Chakra Stones And Their Meanings
Before we get into how to meditate with chakra stones, it can be beneficial to understand more about chakra stones and their meanings.
Here’s a quick overview:
- The Root Chakra: If you need to work with your root, or base, chakra, which is red in colour, it can be helpful to choose red jasper, garnet, ruby, black obsidian, hematite, bloodstone, black tourmaline, carnelian, smoky quartz, black onyx, or tiger’s eye.
- The Sacral Chakra: To meditate for your sacral chakra, which is orange, select from carnelian, citrine, jasper, tiger’s eye, amber, orange calcite, goldstone, sunstone, orange selenite or tangerine quartz.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra: To work on your solar plexus, which is yellow, choose one of the following crystals: citrine, mookaite, bumblebee jasper, yellow topaz, lemon calcite, pyrite, lemon quartz, amber, tiger’s eye, or yellow tourmaline.
- The Heart Chakra: The heart chakra can be represented by pink or green, so you can pick between rose quartz, rhodonite, morganite, rhodochrosite, pink opal, pink sapphire, green aventurine, malachite, emerald, peridot, tree agate, bloodstone, fluorite, green jade, green calcite, chrysoprase, moss agate, amazonite, moldavite, or green tourmaline.
- The Throat Chakra: To work with your throat chakra, which is blue, choose aquamarine, sodalite, lapis lazuli, amazonite, sapphire, blue lace agate, angelite, chrysocolla, blue apatite, blue kyanite, turquoise, blue chalcedony, azurite, larimar, blue calcite or celestite.
- The Third Eye Chakra: If you are meditating on your third eye chakra, which is usually indigo in colour, you can work with lapis lazuli, sodalite, angelite, amethyst, fluorite, labradorite, azurite, lepidolite, blue kyanite, sapphire, turquoise, angelite, celestite, or sugilite.
- The Crown Chakra: And, finally, to meditate with your crown chakra, which is usually purple, select amethyst, fluorite, clear quartz, selenite, moonstone, celestite, angelite, lepidolite, or howlite.
How To Meditate With Chakra Stones
The purpose of meditating with chakra stones is to cleanse, unblock, heal or open your energetic body.
To get the best results, you should follow a step-by-step process.
This systematic approach will help you get a better understanding of chakra stones, meditation, and how you are supposed to ease into the practice. So, let’s start!
1) Set Your Intention
So, the first step involves being clear about your intention. Ask yourself, what do you hope to achieve by meditating with chakra stones?
Is there something specific you want for a particular chakra? Or are you just looking for general well-being?
The answers to these questions will help you choose your chakra stones in the next step.
They will also help you modify your meditation practice in the future.
So, spend some time alone and try to figure out your intentions.
2) Choose Your Chakra Stone
Now, your choice of chakra stone will depend on your intention.
For example, if you’re looking to strengthen your relationships and become more compassionate, you might need rose quartz to work with your heart chakra.
But if you want to get rid of your anxiety, you might need hematite to work with your root chakra.
Also, you need to keep in mind that many different stones can help you achieve the same thing. So, when you have two or more stones that can help you achieve your intention, you should choose the stone that you are drawn to the most.
When you’ve chosen your stone, you should first cleanse it before you start meditating with it. This will remove any negative or residual energies that it might have accumulated over time.
Different stones require different types of cleansing. So, you should do a little research on that, and only then should you cleanse your stone.
It’s worth mentioning at this point that you can work with more than one chakra stone, if you wish.
If you need to heal more than one chakra, just choose the correct corresponding stones.
3) Begin Your Meditation
Now that you have your stone and are ready to meditate, you need to first decide which type of meditation you’re going to do.
There are many ways you can meditate with your chakra stone. And there is no right or wrong to this.
You can try all the different types of meditation and settle on one. Or, you could just keep rotating from one to the next!
Let’s check out the two most popular ways to meditate with a chakra stone.
i) Hold Your Stone In Your Hand
This is perhaps the easiest and most common method. Here are the steps involved in it.
- Choose a comfortable place where you can meditate in peace for the next fifteen minutes.
- Sit down in a cross-legged posture on a yoga mat or cushion. Also, place your stone in front of you.
- Then, take a few deep breaths and try to relax as much as possible. Once you feel like you are calmer and more centred than before, take the stone and hold it in your left hand.
- Next, close your eyes and try to form a connection with the stone. This might feel a little weird, but that’s okay. Let the stone reach out to you. Feel its energies slowly spreading throughout your body.
- Then, focus on your intention and visualize accordingly. For example, if you want to become more compassionate and are using rose quartz, then visualise the energies of rose quartz filling up your heart chakra. Imagine that a soft pink light is glowing from the centre of your chest and connecting you to everyone on the planet. Continue with this visualisation for as long as you can.
- Once you feel like your meditation is done, gently open your eyes and place the stone back in front of you.
- Be sure to ground yourself effectively before you get back to your day
ii) Place Your Stones On Your Chakras
This is also quite a popular method of meditating and is useful for working with more than on chakra.
You might have seen massages where they place warm stones over a person’s body. This is similar to that.
In this case, though, you need to place your stone on top of the corresponding chakra.
Let’s take a look at the steps involved:
- Take your stone in your hand and lie down on a yoga mat. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. With each breath, try to relax as much as possible.
- Then, place your stone on the right chakra. If you are using rose quartz, place it on top of your heart. If you are using a carnelian, place it on top of your sacral chakra (below the navel).
- Once you have placed the stone in the right place, close your eyes again and let go. Take more deep breaths and try to relax further.
- Then, visualize your stone getting assimilated (or merged) with your chakra. In other words, imagine your stone and your chakra becoming one. This merger lets out a brilliant ball of light that spreads through your entire body. This gives you a sense of peace and protection.
- While you are in that relaxed state of mind, try to focus on your intention for the meditation. Again, if your intention is to become more compassionate, imagine that your heart chakra is becoming bigger and bigger. Imagine that it slowly grows into the size of your room, then your city, your country, and then encompasses the whole world. When this happens, try to feel the feelings of love and compassion for every single being on the planet.
- Once you’re done, bring yourself back into your room (mentally and emotionally speaking). Then, wait a minute and gently open your eyes. Again, don’t forget to ground yourself.
Did you know that you can meditate in the shower to heal your chakras?
One of the best ways to heal your energetic body is by meditating with chakra crystals.
Each chakra has a selection of corresponding crystals – you just need to choose the one that resonates with you the most.
Once you’ve selected a gem, follow the steps above to meditate with chakra stones.
- Pegasus Symbolism: Understanding The Spiritual Meaning And Dream Meaning Of Pegasus - November 5, 2023
- 50 Beautiful Moonstone Affirmations To Try - November 5, 2023
- The 6 Best Samhain Crystals To Work With This Spooky Season - October 23, 2023